Pregnancy was not such an easy experience for me. It was filled with weird and funny surprises, from morning a.k.a. all-day sickness, stretched itchy skin, sore boobs and swollen feet. Admittedly, there were times when I needed a little (a lot!) help to get through the day.
Thank goodness for these pregnancy essentials, which helped me enjoy my two pregnancies and get through it with my sanity intact.
1. What to Expect When You’re Expecting – This was my “go-to book” during my first pregnancy when I was feeling clueless – which was all the time! It informed me about what was happening to me and my baby and kept me from panicking when I was experiencing something new and different.
2. Pregnancy Apps – During my second pregnancy, I have to admit that I resorted more to apps when I wanted to get updates on my pregnancy. There are some free apps that can help moms keep track of appointments, monitor weigh and maintain a checklist of the things I needed to buy for me and baby.
3. Palmer’s Tummy Butter and Bio Oil – My tummy gets so big when I am pregnant that people often ask me if I am carrying twins! Geez, thanks guys! It also became so itchy and stretched but these helped me keep my paws from scratching my tummy 24/7. It did help reduce the appearance of stretch marks during my first pregnancy but I am still waiting to see if it will work its magic for my second one.
4. Comfy Flats – Bye sky-high heels, hello ballet flats! I’m a high heels kind of gal so I only owned one pair of flats before I got pregnant. However, I started to really love flats because it gave the two loaves of bread, a.k.a. my feet, much needed comfort.
5. Maternity Leggings / Pants – This was my “pregnancy uniform” when I can no longer squeeze into my pre-pregnancy shorts and jeans, which happened way sooner than I expected.
6. Scented Hand Sanitizer – This kept my hands clean AND provided me with a discreet way of smelling something pleasant when I find myself beside a person who isn’t exactly nostril-friendly – especially during the first trimester when I could smell everything!
7. Sports Bras – My bra size went from non-existent to “woah!” just like that! Instead of buying maternity sleep bras, I resorted to using cheaper sports bras, which gave me much needed comfort while not breaking the bank.
How about you mommy? What were your pregnancy must-haves?